To stay in these pet friendly apartments with your dog, you should know:
- Considered hazardous dog breeds are not allowed.
- No supplement.
- Please, notify that you travel with pet when booking.
How the apartments are?
“Aira Sacra” is a 1852 rural accommodation situated in a privileged place, “Vilamelle”, a small village located in the municipality of “Panton”, near “Sober” and at the foot of the “Cabe” river.
The house located on a small hill in the heart of Vilamelle consists of 5 apartments, all with their separate living and kitchen, that are accessed through three different patios. The house has been completely renovated, following the typology of traditional Galician house with decor and furnishings that transports us to another time but on the other hand, with all the comforts of a modern house (central heating, ceramic hob, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, TV, etc).
- CASA DOS IRMANDIÑOS. Apartment with two bedrooms, each with bathroom and one with balcony, upstairs, kitchen and living room with fireplace, TV and a toilet on the ground floor.
- CASA DA AIRA. Two bedroom apartment with one bathroom for both and one with a balcony on the top floor, and living room with kitchen, fireplace, TV and a toilet on the ground floor.
- CASA DO COLIRUBIO. Special apartment with two bedrooms, a loft with jacuzzi bath, upstairs another bedroom with bathroom, on the ground floor living room with kitchen, fireplace and TV.
- CASA DA PEDROSA. Special apartment with a spacious room with double 1.80m bed and bathroom in room with Jacuzzi for two on the top floor, and living room with kitchen, fireplace and TV downstairs.
- CASA DA PALLEIRA. Special apartment with a spacious room with double 1.50m bed and bathroom in room with Jacuzzi for two on the top floor, and living room with kitchen, fireplace and TV downstairs.
Both, wild and rugged canyons of the “Sil” river in the south and the equally beautiful canyons of “Miño” river, to the west, make that we are located just minutes from some of the most beautiful areas of Galicia; and is that to the natural and scenic beauty of ancient chestnut forests that populate the banks of our rivers, we must also add the cultural and architectural richness that there is in this area; the most impressive example of Galician Romanesque are here, hence this area received the name of “Sacred Ribeira”, by the great amount of churches and monasteries of Romanesque origin were settled on its banks.
- “Augas Santas” Spa (2 km)
- 18 holes Golf course (2 km)
- 9 holes Golf course (5 km)
- Pharmacies (4 km)
- Restaurants (4 km)
- Hypermarkets (5 km)
- Hospital (5 km)
What can be done in the surroundings?
- Active tourism: In addition to the routes that offer amazing scenery that you can visit here, there are also companies that specialize in active leisure and adventure tourism. We highlight the following activities: Catamarans that run “Sil” and “Miño” Canyons, Quads, Horse riding, Rafting, Canoeing, Hiking, etc
- Art and Culture: Here each corner is a discovery, both landscape and cultural levels. The charm of these two shores will make you always want to return to the “Ribeira Sacra”. It must be recognized how wise were the monks, they knew where to go to get away from the madding crowd.
- Gastronomy: in this region is written with capital letters. Excellent meat, both Galician beef and lamb, is trusted since this region is cattle producer. There are fantastic wines in the “Ribeira Sacra”. Both in this house, as in much of the region, enjoy 1st quality delicacies is available and accessible to all. We also produce our wine “Mencia”, worthy of tasting.
Aira Sacra Apartments
27430 O Lugar s/n – Vilamelle
Lugo - Galicia - Spain